Mumbai District Collector office launched a web site to help voters register online.
The website http://www.mumbaicityelection.org/ provides all the information on how to register and get voter ID card online.
Mumbai voters can register online at http://www.mumbaicityelection.org/forms/htm_registernew1.php
However, for online registration, a voter has to locate his assembly segment by identifying/referring a family member or a neighbor who is already in the voters list of that segment. The site has a search facility in which one can search for his already registered family member or the neighbor.
On this website, Mumbai Citizens can do the following:
1. Search names in the voters list
2. Get Election Photo Identity Card
3. Register name in the voter list
4. Correct mistakes in Voter
5. Delete a name/names, because someone is dead or shifted
6. Address Changes within same Vidhansabha/Area
Mumbai district election office runs a help line (# 1290) for any help in the online registration process